Iron rich foods for pregnancy
Iron is essential during pregnancy and lactation.
It gives stamina to the mother, and is essential in proper brain development and blood cell formation for the baby. Also, it helps in treating and preventing iron deficiency anemia! Hence, incorporating iron-rich foods in your diet is extremely important for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Here is a list of iron foods for your pregnancy & lactation:
1. Fortified cereals - cereals which are fortified with iron are ideal for pregnancy and lactation for all you increased pregnancy needs!
2. Green leafy vegetables - Vegetables like spinach, methi, kale are all super rich in iron and very healthy for you.
3. Dried seeds & nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashews, pine nuts & raisins are very rich in iron as well.
4. Pulses & beans like legumes, red kidney beans, lentils, soybeans are all iron rich.
5. Fruits like figs, dates, pomegranates, apples all help in increasing your iron levels
6. Non-vegetarian sources of iron include chicken, eggs, meat, canned tuna, mackerel are very rich in iron.
7. Iron supplements - Nutritional supplements are very essential during pregnancy. Iron supplements like iron pills, iron injections (for severely anemic patients) and MamaBix!
8. Iron injections - For severely anemic patients, doctors may prescribe iron injections to increase your Hb levels.
More than 70% of pregnant women prefer eating MamaBix over iron pills.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.